Just Keep Swimming



Scratchy throats necessitate hot drinks at all hours and soup for every meal. Isn't that some sort of ancient truism? Let's stitch it on a pillow, shall we?

Today is rainy (again). Maybe I am only able to carve out time to type out some semblance of coherency on rainy days. Either way, the rain is falling and my baby is stirring for stage one of his Great Nap Boycott and I am choosing to not organize the kids' closets or fold laundry. Instead, here I sit.

My heart has been heavy lately. I'm thinking I must be a big Feeler because I seem to be carrying burdens for several friends. Friends with addictions that won't let go. Friends with illnesses that don't seem to end. Friends with empty wombs. Friends with broken marriages. These are all real stories that are communicated to me over a tiny Starbucks table or behind swinging toddlers at the park. All heavy burdens that I am called to share. And another weight is stacked onto my heart.

person swimming on body of waterI've been thinking quite a bit about the Christian life lately. Galatians 6 calls for us to carry one another's burdens, and these burdens can be heavy. It can feel as if we are drowning, slipping deeper into dark waters, begging for Jesus to just come back and end it all.


It's in these moments that I force myself to come up, take a breath, and look around. I need the air. I need the breather. I need the break from the muscle strain. Yet, the breath is not an escape from the swim. The breath is not an opportunity to mindlessly numb myself and forget about how hard swimming is... it is an opportunity to refuel so that I then can continue to swim. 


So, I come up for air. I look around. I try and get a birds' eye view of the picture of what God is accomplishing. Let's look for victories in this life that can seem so despairing. Let's be reminded of truth in His Word and let's seek encouragement from fellow pilgrims on this journey. Take a breath. And dive back in.

This journey we are on is slow, arduous, and (at times) difficult. It isn't meant to be easy, yet Christ promises our souls rest if we take His burden, which is easy and light, and give Him ours. That. That is the breath we take so that we may continue the journey, the swim.

Things may feel heavy in your life right now. And, if they don't, they will soon. Because life is a struggle. If this is your situation, I implore you to come up for air. Take a breath. Consult your community. Meditate on God's word. Then... take that breath as strength to go on! Keep swimming. Keep journeying. Paul's imprisonment, as he says in Philippians 1, served to embolden his fellow Christians. It is, as we are told so frequently in the epistles, a privilege to suffer. So, suffer well, pilgrim. Embolden your siblings in Christ. And, as Dorie says, "just keep swimming."
We

Comments

  1. Swimming demonstrated to end up a well known take a break and in the long run pools turned into a vast piece of the Olympic Amusements where swimming races were one of the primary and unique occasions.pool cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Invest more energy swimming in your pool and less time dealing with it. Salt water chlorinators assume total liability for your pool. Zwembaden Le Bain D'or

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many citizens around the world today are trying to live frugally as a result of the worldwide economic crisis. So what used to be enjoyed by many families may not be in the cards anymore like traveling and enjoying a fancy vacation. But wait, if you are resourceful enough, you can find ways to still give that to your family. You don't have to travel just to have fun. How? Why not build a pool in your backyard? If you are thinking that it is impossible for you to afford swimming pool prices, you need not fret as you can now build one with easy financing terms. Since many people are now building their own pools, prices are no longer as stiff as before. swimming pool builder

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you are hiring a swimming pool contractor, you may want to start by considering the company’s references and reviews. how to clean a green swimming pool

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Swimming Pool Services

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Information sharing .. I am very happy to read this article .. thanks for giving us go through info.Fantastic nice. I appreciate this post. Lifeguard recertification

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that. Lifeguard certification

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a swimming pool option, though. A swim nielsthomas1 by Master Spas is cheaper than an inground pool, and it can be installed in 1 day in almost any yard. Swimming Pool Services

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts