Compassion


So it is 2013. 

I kept seeing pictures on instagram of various people wearing these 2013 "glasses" and they all looked like they said 2003 to me. 

I am slooooowly working my way through these questions to help me set my "goals" or resolutions if you will, for 2013.

I am doing this slowly because it's requiring a lot more thought on my part than I thought it would...

I really like them because they make me focus inwardly as far as my goals are concerned.

The first section of questions is about personal growth and asks what character trait I would most like to develop.

I have chosen compassion.


the virtue of empathy for the suffering of others.

Because I am the MOST judgmental person I know.
And compassion seems to be the opposite of it.

I want to be more intentional with my words. That includes on this little blog that no one reads.

I'm still thinking through what this looks like. What are my goals for this blog? What do I want to say? I don't want to just accidentally say things.

Part of what I want to do with this space is cultivate compassion... cultivate intentional relationship... 

So I will be praying about what that looks like for this little space. Stay tuned.




Comments

Popular Posts