The struggle of two

The transition from one to two has been significantly more difficult than I could have anticipated. It's true, many people said it would be... but you never really know until it happens. I have realized my selfishness and how much I truly devalue the role of motherhood. It is my calling to shepherd these little hearts... and sometimes that means things I want to do can't happen in this season. Sometimes my workouts get cut short or I can't read every book I would like or the bathroom may not get cleaned for a few days... weeks... and that's ok. Because while those things are definitely important, they aren't the important thing I am called to do. Motherhood is my occupation. If I had any other job, I would train for it and study for it and try to improve. True, motherhood is kind of a learn as you go job, but thankfully I have Jesus to help train me. Let's be honest how much we struggle... it humanizes us as mothers and helps kill the cycle of comparison that robs our joy.

Comments

Popular Posts