On creating positive margin

I don't think that finding margin is really the issue for any of us... as "busy" as I am, I find time to check instagram and facebook... I find time to work out and sit on my couch and stare. Yet, I often feel overworked and overexerted. I am a well running dry. The lies in my mind are rampant.

What I think my problem is... and maybe this is true for others... my "margin"... my "rest"... isn't productive or positive. Does margin have to have a purpose? Does rest have to be productive? I think when times of margin and rest can be so few and far between we must find a way to make them productive. REALLY eliminate the noise and the extra voices affirming the lies we believe.

I am such an approval seeker so rest and margin are struggles for me... yet, as I mentioned earlier, I still check social media. I don't think the answer is to eliminate social media. I will still fill my time mindlessly. I think it's directing my margin and directing my rest. Relying on the Spirit when it comes to these things. Why is opening my Bible and journal the last thing I want to do for rest? I genuinely do feel rested afterwards... yet I gravitate toward that which does not refresh me. Isaiah 55:2-3...

Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread,
and your labor for that which does not satisfy?
Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good,
and delight yourselves in rich food.
 Incline your ear, and come to me;
ghear, that your soul may live;
hand I will make with you an everlasting covenant,
imy steadfast, sure love for jDavid.

Lord... may I not spend my margin... my rest on that which does not satisfy. May I rest on what is good and delight myself in margin that is rich.



Comments

Popular Posts