Real talk: Teething babies and disgusting floors

My home has smelled like coleslaw for the better part of a month. I couldn't quite pinpoint the stinky culprit... but it definitely STUNK. I lit candles, did my normal cleaning routine, took out the trash regularly... and yet, the scent of vinegary cabbage and mayonnaise lingered.

So, yesterday, God decided to bless me and both of my boys slept for 2+ hours. I took to the floors for the first time in months (I'm embarrassed to admit this... mostly because I used to work for Merry Maids and I know how quickly floors can become nauseatingly repulsive...). I scrubbed on my hands and knees... and the coleslaw smell is gone.

I still have no clue what was causing said smell... but I know that it is gone... and I should probably clean my floors more often.

-----------

Also, Dax (the non-baby baby... still a baby because he isn't technically a toddler... but he is a big baby) is slowly... painstakingly slowly... getting his third tooth (yes, third. Chief had 8 by this point... 8!) So, between my coleslaw floors and my lack of sleep, I might be going a little crazy... and crazy people should not be trusted to send thoughts out into the world wide web. I would hate, hate, hate to be in the middle of an interview with Barbara Walters (she is never going to die, trust me) and have her bring up something ridiculous I wrote on the internet back in 2015 in the middle of a sleep-deprived, coleslaw-inspired tangent.

So, future Barbara Walters, with your perfect coif and ageless skin, please don't judge me for the words I am writing. We are out of coffee.

Comments

Popular Posts