Running for Presents

This morning, on our way to the grocery store, I drove by the church where I vote to see if there was much of a line. Thankfully, there were only two cars in the parking lot so we were able to pop in and out in less than three minutes. I did my civic duty with both boys in tow and all were rewarded with stickers.

As we were pulling out of the parking lot, Chief (my almost-four-year-old) proudly declared (or so I thought), "Mama, I want to run for president someday!"

To which I responded, "that is a very important goal! I think you can do it. It will take some hard work and important choices, but you can do it."

His ever so confident reply? "Yes. I know I can. I am very fast. I will run for the present and be first so no one else can have it. I will win."

So, we have confidence down. Generosity? We are working on it. As far as how democracy is conducted in our country? Maybe by the time he is 18.


Comments

Popular Posts