Memoir Monday

In calling Mondays "Memoir Monday," I have given myself a lot of freedom to kind of just ramble on about lessons from my life. Recently, I have been listening to Jamie Ivey's podcast "The Happy Hour", and through that I have found her blog. On her blog, she has a section where she wrote letters to her younger self.

She says it was very cathartic and healing and that she thinks everyone should do it.

I thought I might try it out...

But as I think through what I would say to my former self... a lot of it can be summed up in a few statements...


Dear younger Kara (at varying ages),

People are not thinking about you as much as you think they are.

Don't spend so much time trying to make people like you that you neglect the people who love you.

Stop hurting people with your words. Your words matter.

You matter... no matter what other people say.

Stop talking so badly about yourself in your head. You're a jerk to yourself.

God is real. Jesus actually loves you just as you are. Stop trying to earn it.

OH, and, your natural hair will eventually be in style... just wait it out.

Love,

future Kara


Comments

Popular Posts